Friday, February 01, 2008

Message from Mr. Daniel Page...

...Avi's English teacher:

It is very hard to believe that it has been two years since Avi left us. I still think of his bright eyes and slightly-devious smirk with great affection. It was only the other day, when I had a guest in my classroom that I remembered the time I had a parent auditing my class, and Avi, in an effort to demonstrate his improvement as a student of English, decided to respond to my Shakespeare question and then to proceed to discussion of the end of the act: material that had not yet been assigned. All of a sudden, he looked like my star pupil, and everyone else's confusion only served to underscore the profundity of his observation. There's no other way to say it: he looked damn pleased with himself.

I shall say a quiet prayer in his memory on Thursday, and one for your family. Loss is, sadly, one of those feelings which never goes away, but can only be faced with courage, love, and the memory of joys shared with the departed during our brief sojourn together.

Be well, Jay, and God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zichron Avraham Yehudah - Blogged