Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Newseek: "Dear Junk Mailers: Leave My Son Alone"

So pleads Gary Wiener, a bereaved father of a 7-year-old, in the "My Turn" section of last week's Newsweek. Please click above to read the article.

So far, there hasn't been too much mail addressed to "The Parents of Abraham Lapidus," but I suspect that will change next year.

This is Presidents' Week, the anniversary of Avi's hospitalization and death. I'm reliving last year. At this time on Wednesday of last year, Avi was already sedated a little more than seven hours away from his demise. There was a chance that he could survive, but as I told his doctors, I was "cautiously pessimistic."

Yesterday, the JAMA came out with a new study on bereavement, noting the power of yearning. I don't need the JAMA to tell me about it as I experience yearning everyday, even as I go about the normal business of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zichron Avraham Yehudah - Blogged