Saturday, June 10, 2006

Naso

Last year and the year before, Avi chanted Bemidbar (Numbers), Chapter 7, which is the latter portion of the weekly reading known as Naso (nah-so). The chapter is read as well during the course of Hannukah, when Avi became a Bar Mitzvah.

This morning, I read in Avi's place, preparing from the Tikkun that he had received as a gift for his Bar Mitzvah.

I plan to read each year from Naso and from Avi's Bar Mitzvah portion, Mikkeitz (Gen. 41:1-44:17) to honor my son's memory.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

So... I was scrolling around looking for information on the Joe Lieberman vs. Ned Lamont race and stumbled upon this site via your other blog. Let me just say that reading from bottom to top has heavied my heart tonight. Although there is obviously nothing I can say to make the pain easier, fwiw, you are in my thoughts and prayers this evening. I hope this site provides you some small degree of comfort and helps bridge some of the more difficult times.

Tim Tagaris

10:01 PM  
Blogger Jay Lapidus said...

"fwiw"? It's worth a lot, Tim! Thank you.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zichron Avraham Yehudah - Blogged