Sunday, May 28, 2006

Avi vs. Microsoft's Internet Explorer

I came across this item today on an IE development blog:
Please implement display: table/table-row/table-cell, if not CSS2 in whole.
Friday, February 03, 2006 4:54 PM by Avi Lapidus
Why have you slowed down the progression of the web by not fully implementing CSS2?

You double my workload as a web developer because I refuse to use table layouts, and am forced to work out the many bugs and incapabilities that are caused by IE. My website has conditional comments that contain table tags, which generates extra bandwidth and slower rendering speeds for even my site's visitors that use Firefox and Opera, browsers that have supported CSS2 for years.

If IE7 will not fully support CSS2, I beg you to please, please, please support display: table/table-row/table-cell by IE7's release. And on behalf of the entire standards-supporting community of web developers, I demand you to fully implement CSS2 as soon as possible!

PS. Please respond whether or not you plan to implement the CSS display properties by IE7's official release. Thanks.
If the Internet Explorer developers had followed Avi's requests, which would have cut down his web development workload by 50%, do you think that he would have used the extra time to catch up on homework?

Of course not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zichron Avraham Yehudah - Blogged