Wednesday, May 10, 2006

...I am reminded of that.

Because Avi was too young to have sons of his own, and because he did not have a younger brother, I am obligated to recite Kaddish in the presence of a minyan (quorum) for him at least once a day - or, preferably, at least once at each of the three daily prayer services - for a period just shy of twelve months.

My community like many others often has a problem gathering a minyan, even though there are enough Jewish men available in the area.

Avi's last Sunday morning alive found us one man short, so I called home to rouse Avi out of bed. He came and made the minyan.

I can't have Avi accompany me to minyan anymore.
I can't telephone him anymore when we are short.
Every time that we fail to get a minyan, I am reminded of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zichron Avraham Yehudah - Blogged