Friday, April 21, 2006

First Yizkor

Yesterday, my family and I observed Yizkor. Susie, Menachem and Chana did so for the first time.

My parents' yahrzeits occur during the month of Shevat. This past Shevat - roughly corresponding to February - I went to the Hebrew High School of New England, Avi's school, to lead services and to recite Kaddish on each yahrzeit of my parents.

Avi saw how I honored his grandparents. At the end of each service, Avi joined others in shaking my hand and wishing me yasher ko'ach, which means in essence, "May you be strengthened for having performed a mitzvah."

By the end of that same month, I was reciting Kaddish for Avi.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emmunah said...

Oh Jay, I had no idea. My condolences. I am sure G-d needs him for some other important role. There is nothing else I can say other than I'm sorry, so sorry.

luv,
Faith- Emmunah

3:34 AM  
Blogger Jay Lapidus said...

Please click here for what I think about some other important role.

Thanks for posting.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zichron Avraham Yehudah - Blogged