Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dream

Avi finally appeared in a dream. I guess that my dream this morning was inspired, in part, by the news story earlier this week that a Connecticut man is suing his local volunteer ambulance corps for having declared him dead after a lightning strike.

There he was, home from the hospital, the Sunday or Monday after having been declared dead. He was well, as if nothing had happened. I was naturally surprised, overjoyed and relieved that his death was not real, and that I had the chance to hug him and talk. I considered how to tell him what had been going through my mind during my few days of mourning.

The next morning, I found him sleeping with a blanket over his head. I uncovered him and I was relieved that he was okay.

In the meantime, Susie told me that she had known since last Friday, the day after Avi's declared death, that Avi was in fact alive.

I became angry and shouted, "And you didn't even think to tell me!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zichron Avraham Yehudah - Blogged