Monday, March 06, 2006

Tribute From Robert Walczak of DP

March 2, 2006

Dear Mr. Lapidus,

I'm the owner of DigitalPandemic.com, your son used to work for me. First, let me say how sorry I am that such a young, bright and kind person is no longer with us. Since you weren't aware of everything he did I felt I needed to tell you about all that your son accomplished for my site. Your son worked for me as a coder, designing many features of my site by himself. He was amazingly talented. He was more knowledgeable then people twice his age when it came to his work. One of my staff members will be sending you a CD of his work soon, so you can see all the great things he did. Your son helped everyone on my site in so many ways.

Whenever anyone had a problem they would come to your son, who would gladly help them out right then and there. He never asked for anything in return, seeing what he had done to help others was his reward. He was a great person outside the setting of the web site as well. He and I talked frequently, although it still seems like not enough. Many of my users knew your son even better than I and I'm sure they will be writing to you. There isn't a single person on my site that was more universally liked than your son. I, along with the admins of a few other sites I'm associated with, would like to donate to a charity in his memory. I was wondering if you could provide me with the name of the charity that you think your son would have most wanted us to donate to. In instances such as this my site and the aforementioned other sites have donated time, blood, and money to many causes, but none so close to us as this. Your son meant a lot to all of us and will be sorely missed. He brought joy to thousands of people on several websites, and was a great person that I wish I knew better. If there is anything you would like to know about your son's work please feel free to email me, or call me at 443-365-0060. You, your family and your son are in the thoughts and prayers of everyone at my site.


Sincerely,
Robert Walczak
"Thrawn147" on Digital Pandemic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zichron Avraham Yehudah - Blogged